Booking Terms Kenya Safari
This is a fully refundable deposit which covers any damage to the hired vehicle during the period of hire. The hirer will be refunded the full excess deposit in cash upon return of the vehicle in the same condition as collected at the commencement of the hire.
Term’s & Conditions for Car Rental & Lease:
The Agreement comprises as per the terms and conditions laid out in the rental document setting out the hire details which is provided with each vehicle at the point of hire. The Rental Agreement is made between Kenya 4WD Rental (herein referred to as “The Owner” and the person and or company signing the document (herein referred to as “The Hirer”.
It is hereby agreed as follows
Terms of Hire:
A Self Drive vehicle:
1. Owner will allow the Hirer to take the motor vehicle, details of which are described in the Rental Agreement for a period of time, as specified in the Agreement.
2. The vehicle may only be driven during that time by the person named in the Agreement or a supplementary driver, also mentioned in the Agreement and only if they hold a valid driver’s license.
3. The Hirer shall pay the Owner for the hire of the vehicle, the sum as specified in the Agreement and authorize the Owner to charge all amounts payable to the Hirer’s account or a preauthorized credit card.
4. The person renting acknowledges that they shall be liable to pay to the Owner any additional charges
a) Fee for additional driver.
b) Road User Change (if a vehicle which is specified only for town/tarmac use and this vehicle is taken off road and/or into a national park – The Hirer will get charged for wrong usage of the vehicle and could even loss their full deposit depending on the extent of the damage to the vehicle.
c) Charges for damage or repair of the vehicle (subject to the other terms of the Rental Agreement); and any enforcement charges relating to such damage or repairs (including legal costs).
d) We charge to clean the vehicle’s interior if the vehicle is returned in an excessively dirty condition that requires extra cleaning or deodorizing. This includes, but is not limited to, spillage of fluids, food, vomit, other stains, and unpleasant odors including cigarette smoke.
e) Traffic and/or parking offence infringement fees;
f) Any surcharges in connection with the use of a debit or credit card by the hirer.
5.The owner will charge the amounts set out in clauses 3 and 4 above to the hirer’s account during or after the term of hire is completed, or the hirer may pay such charges as agreed with the owner, such choice to be at the owner’s sole discretion.
Booking Terms Kenya Safari
6. A 10 % deposit is required to make a reservation for the vehicle with the balance payable at the start of the rental. An excess fee is charged to cover the liability excess, in case of accident or for any charges incurred during the rental.
The payments can be in cash or through a valid major credit and must be in the main driver’s name as appears in the Passport or other identification documents.
At the end of the rental period the excess fee is refunded to the hirer once the vehicle is returned in the same state as rented.
Use of the Hired vehicle:
7. The hirer shall not:
a) Use or allow the vehicle to be used for the transport of passengers for hire or reward unless the vehicle is hired with the owner’s knowledge for use in a passenger service licensed under Part 4A of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“the Act”);
b) Sublet or hire the vehicle to any other person unless prior approval from the Owner has been obtained;
c) Allow the vehicle to be used outside his/her authority;
d) Operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated in circumstances that constitute an offence (which relates to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs or carriage of drugs);
e) Using the vehicle or allow it to be operated in any race, speed test, reliability trial, rally or contest, or operated on any race or rally circuit or in any event as a pacemaker or testing in preparation for any of them.
f) Operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated for the transport of more passengers or goods than the maximum specified in the certificate of loading and/or road user charge certificate, whichever is the lesser, for the vehicle.
g) If at the time of driving the vehicle the driver does not hold a current full valid driver’s license appropriate for the vehicle.
h) Drive or allow the vehicle to be driven on any roads excluded in the terms and conditions, or on any beach, driveway, or surface likely to damage the vehicle;
i) Allow the vehicle to be driven by any person who is not named or described in the Rental Document as a person permitted to drive the vehicle;
j) Operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated to propel or tow any other vehicle;
k) Transport any animal in the vehicle (with the exception of guide dogs for visually impaired people).
l) Using or allow the vehicle to be used in involvement with any illegal activity.
m) Allow any person to smoke in the vehicle.
Booking Terms Kenya Safari
Child Seats GPS & Special Requests
8. Child seats, GPS Navigation systems, roof racks (not available on some cars) and other ‘extra’ items are available on request. There is an additional fee payable to the car hire company. As required by the law, rear seatbelts are provided in all cars. Requests for these extra items should be made at the time of booking.
Out-of-office Hours Service
9. We can offer vehicles at the airport upon flight arrivals with prior arrangements.
Minimum Age Limitations
10. The minimum hiring age is 21 years.
Booking Terms Kenya Safari
11. Drivers license copies will be needed for any additional driver.
Deliveries & Collections of vehicles
13. We can arrange for the vehicle to be delivered / collected from a specified address within the City of Nairobi. Please confirm your pick-up / drop-off times, along with the full address details, in your booking request.
14. The hirer shall ensure that:
a) All reasonable care is taken when driving and parking the vehicle;
b) The water in the vehicle’s radiator and battery is maintained at the proper level;
c) The oil in the vehicle is maintained at the proper level;
d) Only the fuel type specified for the vehicle will be used;
e) The tires are maintained at their proper pressure;
f) The vehicle is locked and secure at all times when it is not in use and the keys kept under the hirer’s personal control at all times;
g) The distance recorder or speedometer, are not interfered with;
h) No part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspension systems are interfered with;
i) Should a warning light be illuminated or the hirer believes the vehicle requires mechanical attention the hirer will stop driving and advise the owner immediately;
j) All drivers authorized to use this vehicle during the term of hire are aware of and comply with the terms outlined in the Rental Agreement; and
k) Any authorized driver carries their driver’s license with them in the vehicle at all times and will produce it on demand to any enforcement officer.
15. The owner shall supply the hired vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition, up to current certificate of fitness standards.
Mechanical Repairs and accidents
16. If the vehicle is involved in an accident, is damaged, breaks down or requires repair or salvage, regardless of cause, the hirer shall notify the owner of the full circumstances by telephone immediately.
The Hirer MUST also go to the local Police Station and report the accident and get a stamped POLICE ABSTRACT Form
17. The hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the owner’s authority (this includes, but is not limited to, purchasing a replacement tire) except to the extent that repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or to other property.
18. 24 Hour Roadside Assistance is free for all inherent mechanical faults (as determined by the owner or its authorized repairer) related to the vehicle specified in the Rental Document. For all other roadside assistance call outs including refueling, jump start, tire related incidents, lost keys and keys locked in the vehicle, a service fee will be charged.
19. If the vehicle requires repair or replacement, the decision to supply another vehicle to the hirer is at the owner’s sole discretion.
Booking Terms Kenya Safari
Return of the vehicle
20. The hirer shall, at or before the expiry of the term of hire, deliver the vehicle to the agreed rental location described in the Rental Document or obtain the owner’s consent to the continuation of the hire (in which case the hirer shall pay additional hire charges for the extended term of hire). If the hirer does not comply with this clause, and does not immediately return the vehicle, the owner may report the vehicle as stolen to the Police and the hirer must compensate the owner for either the full cost of the vehicle, or all additional costs and losses incurred up to the time that the vehicle is recovered by the owner.
21. The hirer is liable for:
a) Any loss of, or damage to, the vehicle and its accessories;
b) Any consequential damage, loss or costs incurred by the owner, including salvage costs, loss of ability to re-hire and loss of revenue; and
c) Any loss of, or damage to, vehicles and property of third parties, arising during the term of hire.
22. Our vehicles are comprehensively insured. The rate of the hire is inclusive of Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Collision Damage Waiver reduces the renter’s liability from the total cost of the damage to an excess amount, where applicable, unless the renter intentionally causes the damage, is under the influence of drink or drugs, or uses the car in a prohibited or negligent way – such as driving off main roads or hiring to other parties. CDW covers liability for damage to the car or its parts. Windscreens, tires, undercarriage, replacement locks, replacement keys and towing charges are NOT covered under the CDW policy.
In cases of minor accidents, such as scratches, bumper dent, broken light, broken/stolen side mirrors etc., the Hirer may want to settle the claim which is less than the cost of the EXCESS.
23. Insurance does not cover reckless or negligent use of the vehicle. If the car is used off road or is left unattended once it gets stuck, The Hirer will be debited from the deposit or may lose the entire deposit depending on the extent of the damage.
24. Windscreen damage and tyre bursts are not included in the insurance and the Hirer will be charged the cost of a new replacement.
Insurance cover exclusions
25. The hirer acknowledges that the cover referred to in clause 22 will not apply:
a) When the driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drugs.
b) Once the vehicle is in an unsafe or roadworthy condition, such condition arising during the course of the hire, that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the hirer or driver was aware or should have been aware of the unsafe or roadworthy condition of the vehicle;
c) If mechanical failure breakdown or breakage occurs and/or an electrical or electronic failure or breakdown occurs that is the result of improper use of the vehicle. This exclusion also applies to damage to the engine or transmission system directly resulting from any mechanical failure breakdown or breakage, but does not otherwise apply to resulting damage to other parts of the vehicle.
d) The vehicle is driven in any race, speed test, reliability trial, rally or contest, or operated on any race or rally circuit or in any event as a pacemaker or testing in preparation for any of them.
e) The car is driven by anyone not named or described in the Rental Document as a person permitted to drive the vehicle (unless the hirer is a body corporate or Department of State and the driver is authorized by them to drive, subject to all other terms and conditions in the Rental Agreement).
f) At any time when the vehicle is driven by an unlicensed person.
g) Once the vehicle is willfully or recklessly damaged or lost by the hirer, a nominated driver, or a person under the hirer’s authority or control.
h) At any time when the driver commits a traffic offence while driving the vehicle.
i) The vehicle is loaded or is being loaded in excess of the manufacturer’s specifications.
j) At any time when the vehicle is being loaded or unloaded beyond the limits of a thoroughfare and such loading or unloading is not performed by the driver or attendant of the vehicle.
k) The driver fails to stop or remain at the scene following the occurrence of an accident where required to do so by law.
l) Any fine or penalty imposed as a result of prosecution for breach of any law;
m) Puncture, cut or bursting of any tyre, or damage to any tyre by application of brakes;
n) Wear and tear to the vehicle;
Booking Terms Kenya Safari
26. All penalties related to traffic and/or parking offences are the responsibility of the hirer and the owner may charge the hirer’s credit card for any traffic and/or parking offence infringement fees incurred by the hirer.
The owner undertakes, in the event that the owner receives notice of any traffic or parking offenses incurred by the hirer, to send a copy of any such notice to the hirer as soon as is practicable and to provide the necessary information to the relevant issuing authority for such notices to be directed to the hirer. The hirer has the right to challenge, complain about, query or object to the alleged offence to the issuing enforcement authority and has a right to seek a court hearing (within 56 days from the date of issue of the infringement notice or 28 days from the date of issue of the reminder notice).
Cancellation of Hire Agreement
27.The owner has the right to terminate the hire and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the hirer fails to comply with any of the terms of the Rental Agreement, or if the vehicle is damaged. The termination of a hire under the authority of this clause shall be without prejudice to the other rights of the owner and the rights of the hirer under the Rental Agreement or otherwise.
In addition to the insurance cover set out above, the hirer may also choose
28.Theft Protection (TP)
Theft Protection reduces the renter’s liability in the event of theft or damage caused due to theft or attempted theft of the car to an excess amount, where applicable. Negligence connected with the theft of/damage to the car may lead to the car hire company requiring the full amount for the cost of the car.
29. Privacy Act
33. The information requested from the hirer is to enable the owner to assess the hirer’s request to hire a vehicle. The hirer does not have to supply this information, but if the hirer does not, then the owner is unable to hire the vehicle. The hirer acknowledges that the owner will collect, hold and use the hirer’s personal information for purposes related to the hire of the vehicle and the provision of related customer services, including direct marketing and assessing customer satisfaction with products and services provided by the owner. The hirer further acknowledges that such personal information may be disclosed to debt collection agencies in the event that the hirer defaults in the payment of any monies owing to the owner, or other parties involved in an accident with the vehicle while on hire to the hirer; or any organizations responsible for the processing or handling of traffic related infringements; and the hirer hereby authorizes the disclosure of their personal information for such purposes.
Note to Hirer: The owner must give the hirer at least one copy of the Rental Agreement which must be kept in the hired vehicle throughout the term of the hire and produced on demand to an enforcement officer
Booking Terms Kenya Safari